So you have decided to carry out a survey to check the health of your Church. What’s next?
This is your shopping list
1. An Administrator : the administrator will be the linch pin between NCD UK and your church. There is absolutely NO RESTRICTION on anyone contacting us, but it is easier if we can send emails and contacts through to the same person each time.
2. A Health Team : The Health Team are the group who are going to take the responsibility to do something with the information the survey provides. They are in place to take the results and decide on a course of action.
3. The Church: You will be asking members of the church to complete a questionnaire. These members should include Senior Pastors, those who lead Worship, Small Group Leaders, Ministry Leaders, Active Workers, those that Tithe, Meeters and Greeters and so on. These are the guys that care about the church. The optimum number is 30. Once you exceed 30 the results tend to change very little, but you can have as many as you wish. DO NOT include visitors or new members as they will not know enough about the church to answer accurately.
4. A Coach: NCD UK will provide you with a Coach, unless you already have one. The coach will help you unpack your results and help you get underway with the journey to a healthier church. How often you call upon the coach is up to you, but we have found 3 or 4 coaching sessions during the course of the year have proved beneficial, helping to keep your health team motivated and on track.Your ‘unpacking’ coaching session is included in the cost of your survey, but any further coaching calls are charged at £39.
5. £349: the cost of a survey. Once you are underway any further surveys that you carry out are charged at £299 assuming a normal cycle period of 12 months. When you take your follow on tests your results are compared to your previous surveys thus giving you the opportunity to gauge what has worked, and again help you take a more informed course of action.
Please remember NCD is a paradigm to help you on the way to a healthier church. We cannot grow your church, only God can do that.
All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. Mk 4-28